The Department of General Medicine is a well equipped department eminent. Well experience and reputed physicians. Apart from the diagnosis and treatment of all General medical cases, The medical emergencies are also managed efficiently. There are special clinic for diabetes ( Including diabetic foot care) and hypertension
General Medicine is the medical specialty focused on the art of diagnosis and treatment of non-surgical diseases. A General medical practitioner or a Physician provides primary healthcare and specializes in family medicine. He also treats acute and chronic illnesses and provides preventive care and health education. Most of the older patients see a physician as their primary medical practitioner, who takes care of their varied medical needs and refers them to the appropriate specialists on the basis of their needs.
Our Department of General Medicine at Metropolitan Hospital is fully equipped to treat all types of medical cases including critically ill patients. We have facilities to admit patients in the high-tech Intensive Care Units with advanced monitoring facilities. We also have the support of Biochemistry and Microbiology Laboratories which are able to perform the most advanced tests and a Radiology department for advanced radiological investigations including interventional radiology. We are supported by our super-specialty departments like, Neurology, Cardiology and General Surgery for specialized investigations & treatment.
- After impatient ward, rounds, out-patients are attended to daily from Monday to Saturday. O.P. appointment can be arranged in advance.
- After regular working hours, each consultant is available on call to attend to Emergencies of the need arises.
- Casualty department function round the clock and emergency admission are usually routed through casualty.
- There is a well equipped M.I.CU. and excellent support – system – clinical laboratory.X–ray unit, ECG Unit, Pulmonary function Lab, USG, C.T and KRI are available round the clock.
- Excellent leisure exists between various units and degradement
- Dr. V.K. Gopinath. M.D
- Dr. P.K. Abdussalam M.D
- Dr. Savitha Battathiripad MBBS MRCP (London)